IR beacon (continue)

Before I begin this post, I feel that I must defend myself. First of all, I emailed dave telling him that I wans`t going to be there. The fact that he doesn`t check his emails isn`t my fault. Daves ``averaging function`` was basicaly just him rounding it from 3 to 1 decimal places. My method was WAY better. Also, the calibration functioned mentioned was 95% written by me and was my idea.

Ok, back on topic. We continued to work ok the IR emmitter-detector setup which we started the day before. No real progress was made today. It was mostly just testing out different configurations in the way the ir led and detector diode were positioned and shielded. The detector was picking up a lot of ambient Ir light and it had a very wide field of view so we used some black electrical tape to focus the detector on a specific spot. This method worked pretty well.